FAMILIAR MUSIC
So this evening I was in a blink 182 kind of mood. I listened to Adams Song https://youtu.be/2MRdtXWcgIw
then I listened to All the Small Things (because when someone says Blink 182 this is the first song that most people think of) https://youtu.be/9Ht5RZpzPqw I remember when this video came out and it was the funniest thing ever because they were making fun of all the pop boy band videos! All time memorable video I think I could watch it about 15 times in a row! Oh the 90sish!
3rd song What's My Age Again https://youtu.be/K7l5ZeVVoCA they sure where trying to make a bigger name for themselves! hehe!
4th song I Miss You https://youtu.be/s1tAYmMjLdY
5th song First Date https://youtu.be/vVy9Lgpg1m8
I am going to write about Adams Song. Since the first few chapters of this class I suppose i have learned quite a bit! I can tell you that i liked the song a lot more before the class because now I almost feel like they have no talent. Even though they really do and I can still enjoy their music. But it really has no change in much. The only change would be when they introduce the piano playing the same but different rhythm around the 3 minute mark. Of course the chorus has a little different of a tune but really not that exciting. What I am most disappointed about listening to all of these in a row they all start to sound the same. :( Oh Blink 182, YOU MUST MIX IT UP A BIT MORE!!! Thank you for being a great Pandora station to jog to though!
UNFAMILIAR
I decided to stay with the punk theme...
The Cigarettes You Were so Young
https://youtu.be/CjutMbn6yEE?list=PL7BB6319304B8C3BF is the first song I listened to.
2nd The Nipple Erectors - All the Time in the World
https://youtu.be/C2AxWPQVOBA?list=PL7BB6319304B8C3BF
3rd Art Attacks - Punk Rock Stars
https://youtu.be/OGLpa1kBwCQ?list=PL7BB6319304B8C3BF I think this one sounded the most like what 70s music sounds like with a little bit of punk in it.
4th The Dogs - Teen Slime
https://youtu.be/asP7dwalP_Y?list=PL7BB6319304B8C3BF this was another one that didn't just sound like all the other songs including Blink 182.
5th song The Damned - Sick of being Sick
https://youtu.be/pJ77u2X7A-g?list=PL7BB6319304B8C3BF
After listening to all of these songs a few times each I now know why I do not always listen to punk music. I think it gave me a slight headache and its all so repetitious. The words are different. But just as any other genre they are singing (or yelling) about the same things, RELATIONSHIPS. Again there really was not much change in tempo or dynamics (sometimes they were screaming...) not much change in the melody. All of the songs were homophonic. (I think that the monks would be disappointed that they helped create this kind of music, definitely not sacred music at all!!!)
I like to listen to Blink 182 once in a while but it is a little disappointing that they do not really have any variation. I have heard of "I Miss You" and "All the Small Things" before, they are the most well known songs from Blink 182. It is funny that in the video they made fun of the boy bands. I have not yet heard of "What's My Age Again?" until now. It does sound similar to their other songs, they do need more variation in their songs. I also know of some other bands that sound like they do not have any variation and all of their songs sound the same and I can not tell the songs apart. "Adam's Song" sounds like "All the Small Things" except for the first song has a bass guitar or low guitar melody that the second song does not have. "First Date" sounds like a sped up version of the guitar melody of "All the Small Things." It sounds like they play with the tempo of the same melodies, no wonder their songs sound the same! The piano does add a different sound around 3:05, that adds a little variation, although not much considering the overall sound of the song. Onto your unfamiliar music. I could see why these songs would give you a headache. I don't like this type of music. Those songs all have a too fast tempo for my taste. They are all upbeat songs. I agree that they are all homophonic as well. Thank you for sharing!
ReplyDelete